Here are a few things that I was fortunate enough to do this year:
- Earned my Private Pilot certificate (ASEL)
- Flew my first airplane passenger as a private pilot
- Went upside down and spun an aircraft
- Joined a soaring club, learned to fly gliders, and added my glider rating. I've sure got a lot to learn, but soaring has gotten into my blood.
- Flew in mountainous terrain and in high density altitude conditions in Colorado. The instructor also taught me a whole lot about the art of flying and life in general.
- Took my first passenger up in the ASK-21 who had never been in a glider before.
- Flew a Cessna 182 Skylane (incredible airplane)
- Got my first 0.6 hrs of actual IMC
- Shot my first ILS approach (with lots of help), breaking out of the clag at about 800ft.